“On a Journey Led by The Spirit”
A synodal Church is a Church which listens, which realises that listening “is more than simply hearing”. It is a mutual listening in which everyone has something to learn. The faithful people, the college of bishops, the Bishop of Rome: all listening to each other, and all listening to the Holy Spirit, the “Spirit of truth” (Jn 14:17), in order to know what he “says to the Churches” (Rev 2:7).
There are four dimensions to this vision:
- We are on a journey of faith into the future
- We do not see the way ahead clearly
- The Spirit leads us on the way
- Together we discern what paths the Spirit is opening before us
To grow the Mission of the Church by facilitating key financial services through our understanding, engagement and relationships and our commitment to provide customer service in the context of a vibrant and evangelising Church.
Our goals are:
- Fund Mission and growth of Church Works
- Effective Corporate Governance
- Strong Financial Performance
- Delivering excellent Customer Service
Our objectives are:
- To be the provider of loans and facilitate banking services within the Archdiocese of Brisbane for various Catholic Entities including Agencies, Parishes and other Catholic Entities with Juridical status and Charitable Entities associated with the Catholic Church (on the basis of the Archbishop’s approval)
- To operate efficiently and effectively to generate income for the Archdiocese to support the Church’s evangelising mission, pastoral priorities and ministry programmes
Without placing any priority on or attempting to make an exhaustive list, the values of the ADF are:
- Commitment to development;
- Customer service focus;
- Focus on developing relationships;
- Stewardship of resources;
- Collaboration with all stakeholders; and
- Confidentiality of customer information.